This is a post which I will update periodically with some of my favorite Quora (& Stackexchange) answers.
- Gamma & Poisson Distributions
- Why is Spark faster than MapReduce?
- Importance of independence in statistical modeling
- Importance of underlying data distributions
- Biggest lessons learned in corporate
- Free open datasets
- Most common data science mistakes
- SVM and Kernels
- SVD and PCA
- Data Science Tools
- Judging a Good Data Scientist (Histograms)
- Math important for ML (by Andrew Ng)
From Clay Ford’s blog:
Singular Value Decomposition:
- What is it like to work with SAP?
- How to charge $X0,000 per week in consulting
- Data Science Central – Become a Data Scientist
- Linear Compression
- Hire rock stars or dependable mid-level engineers?